Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Precious







Yes, both Dennis and I love our grand children more than he loves the fish. Yes, I know that you have seen a picture of the sailfish and not any pictures of our Will and Reese (and Roger). There are excuses. Perhaps not good ones, yet excuses just the same.

There is the old standby that it is not wise, even dangerous perhaps, to put pictures of children on the Internet. Shielded as I am from the very limited people who would ever bother to read this drivel, I have still received this warning from some. I am however comfortable that our anonymity is secure.

Following close behind is the obvious self-serving nature of grandparents foisting endless pictures of children upon friends (aren't Christmas letters enough?). I survive this excuse by the common knowledge among you, my friends, that self-serving just comes second nature to me. You have long ago forgiven me such indulgences.

I am only left with the truth. I find it nearly impossible to figure out how to load pictures from a camera, from the Internet, from one of those Kodak on line album sites, and even from my computer picture file. I was only able to do the fish shot after Jens loaded it for me and made the whole process possible.

I have conquered the fear of blogging, and have put two pictures on these pages already. I go forward with the unwarranted confidence that three more pictures might be possible. I am about to attempt the uploading of pictures of William Hawkins Creighton, Reese Elizabeth Kottke, and Roger Greene the wonder dog (baby to Jacob and Sarah). So here goes..................................
So much for confidence. I seem to be able to upload pictures, but I cannot find a way to get them off the top of the blog and insert them instead were there would make the most dramatic impact--after the "So here goes" in the previous paragraph. Additionally, I note that the pictures appear above in the reverse order from the way they are listed in the text. In other words, the first picture is NOT William. Roger Greene appears first (a position that both Sarah and Jacob would argue ad infinitum is the correct order anyway).

Oh well, they are sure cute, aren't they? We are two lucky grand papas!

1 comment:

Oldkat said...

Now, that's what I'm talkin' about! (And it didn't hurt at all, did it?)
Love you and miss you but am especially grateful this Thanksgiving Day that I have you in my life.